Saturday, July 27, 2013

Back to Reality

I am nearing the end of 6 weeks of my new life to being more fit.  The last 2 weeks I have been on vacation and have not even stepped on a scale.  I'm nervous to see what kind of damage I've done, but at the same time, I'm ready for a routine again. 
 
So, my first week of vacation was in Destin, Florida.  The beach was gorgeous and being in a swimsuit everyday reminded me of why I had set my fitness goals in the first place.  The second week of vacation was split between Dallas and Chicago.  I fell in love with Chicago!  Oh my goodness, its a wonderful city.  GO VISIT!

My workouts have been much more consistent!  Yay!  I jogged in Chicago today and beat my personal record (I started tracking for this 6 weeks, not an all time personal record).  Running on the pier was absolutely phenomenal.  Every time I get outside and jog, I'm reminded of why its my favorite activity.  I absolutely love being in nature and experiencing the awe of seeing God's handy work.  While I jog, I listen to praise music and have my interval app on my phone reminding me when to run or walk the intervals.  Today, I skipped TWO of my walk intervals and just ran straight through them... yay!!! 

I'm headed home in the morning and its bittersweet.  I miss my babies sooooo much- four days was too long.  Going back to the busy schedule of work/home/kids will definitely be some added stress.  I have enjoyed my time off, but here I go- BACK TO REALITY.

P.S. I am going to start posting pics of my weekly weigh-ins... total accountability.

No comments:

Post a Comment